We're Hiring! Back on Track Clinic is seeking qualified physiotherapists. Click here to apply!


When you schedule a physical therapy appointment (and you wish to bill your treatments through your insurance) our admin staff will work to verify your insurance benefits and inform you before beginning treatment.

Direct Access

We accept patients without a physician referral.

In the state of California, patients are able to be evaluated and treated by licensed physical therapists without a physician referral under the legislation. This means you no longer have to wait to get treated for injuries that would immediately benefit from physical therapy services.

This allows patients to expedite treatment while saving money. Expediting treatment time helps reduce total injury time and allows you return to normal function faster. It saves you from having a costly doctor visit for a prescription prior to a physical therapy visit.

For self-pay patients and some insurances, you do not need a physician referral to come to Back On Track Physical Therapy for treatment. However, certain insurances may require a physician referral in order to cover your PT visits. Call our office and our front office admin staff to verify benefits with your insurance company. We will contact your insurance provider for you to determine your benefits under direct access

We accept most insurance plans

including but not limited to the following:
  • Aetna
  • Anthem/ Blue Cross
  • Affinity
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Cigna
  • Contra Costa Health Plan
  • TriCare
  • John Muir Physician Network
  • Worker Compensation
  • UMR
  • Medicare
  • Humana
  • Health Net
  • United Health Care
  • Hills Physicians Network
  • Imperial Health Holdings
  • & more

Insurance Terms 101

We understand that your insurance eligibility may be difficult to understand. As a courtesy, our front admin staff will verify your eligibility and benefits for physical therapy prior to your first visit. Here are some terms that represent the portion of the medical bills that you are responsible for.

Copayment (copay)

Your copay is the fixed amount that you pay for when you come to physical therapy. Copays are significantly less than your deductible amount and vary from patient to patient depending on your insurance plan. Back on Track and Pleasanton Physical Therapy will collect your copay prior to each visit.


A deductible is a fixed amount that you must pay out of pocket before your insurance can cover the remaining medical expenses. Depending on the insurance plan, a deductible can range from $0 to thousands of dollars.


A coinsurance is the percentage amount of the medical bill that you are responsible for and the percentage that your insurance will cover. For example, somebody with a 80/20 plan is responsible for 20% of the bill and their insurance will cover the remainder of the amount which is 80%. The coinsurance is paid after meeting the deductible.

Contact Us Today

Our Services

Learn more about the many services we offer including Primal Reflex Release Technique, Kinetic Chain Release, Blood Flow Restriction, and more.

Our Services

Learn More

Contact Us

We are committed to helping you recover and restore health. For more information about our physical therapy services, please contact us today.

Contact Us

Learn More