PRIMAL REFLEX RELEASE TECHNIQUE (PRRT)
In today’s noisy and hectic world, our bodies have become hyper-stimulated. As a result, multiple areas of the body respond involuntarily to stress stimuli-without us even being aware of it. This phenomenon is called the Startle Stress Reflex (SSR), is a conditioned reflex. There is evidence of this reflex present in Gulf War veterans and women who have been assaulted. With everyday conditioning by SSR in our daily hyper-stimulated lives, the protective reflexes have the potential for the pain a patient feels.
During our exam, we lightly touch about a dozen areas that cause the patient to jump or pull away. These areas have the protective reflexes and the goal of PRRT is to return them to their normal state. With our rapid resets of the hyper-stimulated areas, most patients report a 50 percent decrease in pain after just one visit and a similar improvement in ease of motion. Their smiles light up the room and they are astonished by their newfound joy of movement. Drug-free pain relief can be a reality with PRRT!
What We Treat
- Spinal pain including but not limited to disc herniations, spondylolysis, scoliosis, post-surgical fusion, muscle strains, and spasms
- Chronic pain including conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Hip, knee, and ankle/foot pain and dysfunction
- Shoulder, elbow, and wrist/hand pain and dysfunction
- Tension Headaches, Migraine, and Pain
- Vertigo, Vestibular Rehab
- Balance Training and Fall Prevention
- Pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation including but not limited to joint replacement, ACL repair, meniscal repair, rotator cuff repair, labral repair, bunionectomy, spinal fusion
Services & Techniques
- Manual therapy and joint mobilization
- Myofascial release and muscle energy techniques
- Movement analysis for gait, running, and/or functional movements
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Therapeutic and functional exercise for strengthening and flexibility
- Balance training
- Functional Movement System
- Postural and ergonomic training
- Vagus Nerve Activation including Advance PRRT
- The Graston Technique® (now commonly referred to as SASTM)
- Pelvic Health and Rehab
Meet our TeamAt our clinics we combine our expertise in movement and pain with our belief in compassion and respect.
Make an AppointmentWalnut Creek – Shadelands
301 Lennon Ln, #202
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Walnut Creek – Downtown
1840 San Miguel Dr #100
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Pleasanton Physical Therapy
4456 Black Ave, #150
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Did You Know?
When something is out of balance, runners most often complain of knee pain.